1. Countries or Regions for Visa Exemptions

See a list of 68 countries and regions.

2. Those Who Need Visa

If you can apply a tourist visa to a travel agency, it is a simpler and faster way than applying the below short-term stay visa. See here in Chinese or here in English.

Otherwise, you must apply a short-stay visa (see here) with visa assistance documents from a Japanese guarantor by following the below instructions.

Step 1:  Download a zip file of visa documents from here. The zip file consists of authorInfo.txt, three PDF forms (application2.pdf, application3.pdf, and StaySchedule.pdf), and three HowToWrite files (HowToWrite_application2.pdf, HowToWrite_application3.pdf, and HowToWrite_StaySchedule.pdf).
Step 2:  Fill in authorInfo.txt and three PDF forms ((1) application2.pdf, (2) application3.pdf, and (3) StaySchedule.pdf) by referring three HowToWrite files.
Step 3: Prepare (4) proof of registration and payment and (5) a confirmation of your hotel booking for the (3).
Step 4 Make a folder which name consists of your paper ID and your name, e.g. "15HideyukiTakagi", put five documents of the above (1) - (5), and zip the folder, e.g. "".
Step 5: Request the Registration Chair, Prof. Maruyama, to send you the URL for uploading the zip file. Your e-mail subject tite should be "Visa Letter for iCAST2018." After getting the URL, upload your ZIP file there.
Upload Procedure is to (a) go to the above URL, (b) click the "アップロード" (upload) menu in the left side, (c) drag your ZIP file into a quadrilateral frame and drop it, and (d) click the "アップロード" button.
step 6: Inform the success of your upload to the Registration Chair, Prof. Maruyama. Your mail subject should be "Visa Letter for iCAST2018." He will start to prepare other necessary documents and ship them to you by courier. Don't send the above heavy documents by e-mail.

These visa assistance documents should be issued to only Speakers/Presenters who have paid the required registration fee in full. When you plan to travel with your companions who do not present any papers, you should apply their visas together.