Designing unseen air
Technology and Innovation Center, Advanced Design Group, Daikin Industries, Ltd.
- 2016 Graduated from the Department of Industrial Design, School of Design
- 2018 Finished the Master's Program at the Department of Design Strategy, Graduate School of Design
- 2018 - Present Designer, Technology and Innovation Center, Advanced Design Group, Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Related department, course
- Strategic Design Course（Graduate)
- Industrial Design Course（Undergraduate)
- Department of Industrial Design
- Department of Design Strategy
My current job
I work as a designer at Daikin Industries. I joined the company as a product designer, but my work is very diverse. In addition to air conditioners, I am involved in many other things than I imagined, including product design of various products, design of "koto" such as customer experience, and coming up with ideas for completely new projects.
How I spent my student life
I am sure I did my best in my studies, but when I think back, my memories of extracurricular activities are much stronger. Thanks to the experience of entering competitions with seniors and friends and coming up with large numbers of ideas on a daily basis, I am told that I have a wealth of ideas at work. I was also always creating something, for example, making costumes for a fashion show at a school festival, creating pieces in a workshop for an exhibition, or planning a music event with friends I had met off campus.
Messages for prospective students
The interesting thing about Geiko is that there are many kinds of people. I was stimulated by the many unique people. Also, unlike many other art schools, I could make friends from departments other than design, which really broadened my world. The teachers were all very kind and helpful and always helped me when I struggled. I think the school years are a time to try everything you want to do and think a lot about yourself. I think Geiko is the best place to do it!