Designed to realize "fun!" And "interesting!"
SEGA CORPORATION Fabrication R&D Dept. Design Sec.
- 2015 Graduated from the Department of Industrial Design, School of Design
- 2017 Finished the Master's Program at the Department of Design Strategy, Graduate School of Design
- 2017 - Present SEGA CORPORATION Fabrication R&D Dept. Designer
Related department, course
- Strategic Design Course（Graduate)
- Industrial Design Course（Undergraduate)
- Department of Industrial Design
- Department of Design Strategy
My current job
I design chassis for arcade games such as crane and medal games, which are mainly located in game centers. I think about the overall structure and operation of the game from the idea stage. My job has a lot to do with the feeling of playing the game and its impression. Basically, a designer is in charge of a single title, so it's a big responsibility and very rewarding.
How I spent my student life
In addition to studying design, I just played as hard as I could (laughs). My professor told me that "doing things that can only be experienced in college is important for design," so I just did what I thought would be fun and dedicated myself to it. In Geiko, I often collaborated with people with diverse skills in video, lighting and sound to create something. The perspectives I gained and the lessons I learned from that experience are still very useful for my ideas and design conceptualization today.
Messages for prospective students
I think the Industrial Design Course is a place where you can learn to think of ideas, make proposals, and solve problems. There are many non-designer jobs that required such skills as well. I recommend this course to both those who want to become a designer and those who don't!